I am so honored to be nominated for a Liebster Award by Millenial Mommy! She is a fellow parent-blogger, and I think you might enjoy reading her posts… Head on over next time you have some free time!
The Liebster Award is an award passed around among bloggers, helping us newbies build a network of blogging friends and readers. In a time where everything feels like a competition, it’s a breath of fresh air the way bloggers will reach out and support and encourage one another.
I did a little research on the Liebster Award, and here’s how it works:
You receive notification that you’ve been nominated by another blogger.
Read the post linked in your nomination (to learn what to do next).
Write a blog post accepting the award, answer the 10 questions you were asked in your nomination, nominate 10 new bloggers, and write 10 new questions for them to answer.
Notify your nominees via social media.
Questions for my Nominees:
How long have you been blogging?
What inspires you?
What’s your favorite social media platform and why?
Who is your biggest supporter?
Do you have a ‘day’ job? If so, what is it?
What are your top 3 hobbies, aside from blogging?
What kind of shoes are you wearing right now?
Do you keep a blogging schedule or just wing it?
What’s been the biggest obstacle for you since you started your blog?
List your favorite 3 blogs to read.
What inspired you to start blogging?
My sister and I thought about starting a blog many times, but we were too nervous (and busy) to do it. Then, I maxed out on the number of Stitch Fix referral credits I could receive in a year, and it was either start a blog to become an affiliate or miss out on all that referral credit. Not a very inspirational start, but that’s it.
What is your favorite book?
I honestly don’t read books as much as I’d like too. When I do, it’s usually ones that I know are about to be made into a movie (Hunger Games, Divergent, etc.), because I like to know the extra details when I’m watching the movie! I also love anything Francis Chan writes, except when it hurts my feelings.
Where do you find inspiration for your posts?
My posts are mostly inspired either by my family (especially my kids) or one of my subscription boxes.
What type of blogger are you (example: lifestyle, career, etc.)?
I suppose I’d call myself a parent blogger/product reviewer.
What is your favorite blog to follow?
What are your goals for your blog?
I’d love to make a little money from my writing, but really my goal is (and hopefully always will be) to be an encourager and make meaningful connections with other people.
What are your goals for 2016 – either personal or professional?
My friend and I are opening a new store this week, Two Scrambled Eggs! My ‘career’ goals are simply that both the store and this blog are successful and have a positive impact on the people they reach.
What do your family/friends think of your blog?
All of the feedback I’ve received so far has been very positive and supportive. Of course, I do have some very nice, ‘I won’t hurt your feelings’ kind of friends… so who knows?
What is the biggest hurdle that you have encountered with blogging since you started?
What advice would you give to a new blogger?
Don’t try to fit into anyone else’s mold. I read a lot of blogs and catch myself trying to imitate their style when I write. It doesn’t work out well. Whenever possible, just be yourself.
Without further adieu and in no particular order… I give you, my nominees:
– giveaways, DIY’s and all kinds of fun stuff! She’ll probably be the next big thing, and I’ll feel honored to have mentioned her in this post!
Alice’s Blessed Life
– finding happiness out of a dark situation and, as though that wasn’t enough, using the pain to help others.
The Outnumbered Nest
– could’ve chosen this one based on name alone, definitely relate to the struggles – and comedy – of being outnumbered by our offspring!
– literally LOL’d reading her posts. A silly, fun, and encouraging place to read and hangout a few minutes. You won’t want to leave, her GIF’s are fantastic.
Women Winning Online
– nothing I love more than a woman whose goal is to help other women. This blog is full of helpful tips to start (and maintain) an online business. I have a lot to learn from her!
Feather by Feather
– an account of traveling the world, written by my alter-ego, Ashley! Okay, it’s not really me, but I kinda wish it was some days!
Married to Restoration
– my kind of couple. They’re into restoring all kinds of things: houses, furniture, themselves… excited to learn from them!
– raising ‘normal’ kids is hard enough… throw in an extra dose of surprises
and it’s definitely puzzle. Our struggles with Enzo make it easy for me to relate to this momma.
Lovely Lucky Life
– a fellow mommy blogger! Gift guides, tips, crafts… she’s winning the mom game in a big way!
Want to learn more about the Liebster Award? Check out this post
from the Wording Well. I found lots of information there, including the Liebster graphics in this post and on my sidebar!